Solo for the Two of Us
- Music and lyrics: Jaromír Nohavica, Beata Bocek
- Scenario: Petr Zuska
- Choreography and stage direction: Petr Zuska
- Sets: Jan Dušek
- Costumes: Pavel Knolle
- Light design: Daniel Tesař
- Sound design: Zbyněk Perla, Petr Zuska
- Duration: 100 min.
- Number of dancers: 16
- World premiere: 15. 6. 2017 - Czech National Ballet
The dance theatre production Solo for the Two of Us, choreographed and directed by Petr Zuska, encompasses several levels. It can be a solo of a relationship between a man and a woman. A solo for a person and his/her demon within. A solo for an adult and the child he/she once was and which has vanished somewhere along the way. A solo for an individual and the society around. And, last but not least, it is a solo for Jaromír Nohavica and Beata Bocek. Two brilliant contemporary musicians, singers-poets who, with regard to their roots, naturally find themselves straddling the Czech and Polish identity and soul. Let it also be a solo for the Czech and Polish nations.
Foto: Martin Divíšek