Romeo and Juliet
- Choreography and stage direction: Petr Zuska
- Music: Sergei Prokofiev
- Sets: Jan Dušek
- Costumes: Roman Šolc
- Light design: Pavel Dautovský, Petr Zuska
- Duration: 103 min.
- Number of dancers: 30 or 22 and 4 kids
- World premiere: 14.11. 2013 - Czech National Ballet
- Also in repertoire: Ballet Theatre Vanemuine (2018)
Peter Zuska created his ballet rendition of William Shakespeare’s immortal love story, to Sergey Prokofiev’s music, in the spirit of neoclassical dance. Having imbued it with additional meanings and symbols, he elevates the narrative to a higher level. Against the backdrop of great love and death, he focuses on the unceasing conflict between the male and female principles – the rational and irrational aspects, well-considered plans and the things that are beyond our control and thwart such plans. The conflict between Friar Lawrence and Queen Mab, the ruler of dreams and shadows.
Foto: Martin Divíšek