Play/StopView full video
Keys from Nowhere
- Choreography and stage direction: Petr Zuska
- Music: Antonín Dvořák, Leoš Janáček
- Sets: Jan Dušek
- Costumes: Pavel Knolle
- Light design: Petr Zuska, Petr Baštýř
- Sound design: Zbyněk Perla
- Duration: 72 min.
- Number of dancers: 9 and 1 female pianist
- World premiere: 23. 3. 2018 - Ballet of South Bohemian Theatre
The feature-length dance theatre work is based on the stark contrast between two markedly different pieces of music, created by two incomparable Czech composers of genius: Antonín Dvořák’s Requiem and Leoš Janáček’s piano cycle On an Overgrown Path. The former is “high” sacred symphonic-vocal music, the latter “only” employs a seemingly solitary piano. Petr Zuska drew inspiration for his “feature-length choreographic variation” from his recent visit to the now abandoned house of his grandparents, which was previously, for several decades, inhabited by a schizophrenic woman, who ultimately died there in total solitude.